Psychology is the science of the mind and the study of behaviour.
psychology degrees in SA
for overall quality of educational experience, teaching quality, learning resources, student support, and skills development.*
- achieve your career goals with our accredited psychology degrees
- gain practical experience with our specialist clinics that offer psychological services to the community
- find your passion with our research strengths spanning applied cognitive psychology, clinical/health psychology, development across the lifespan, social psychology, psychophysiology and forensic psychology
- enhance your career opportunities by combining your psychological science degree with human resources management, marketing, or the new combined criminology degree
- graduate entry to psychological studies available
- psychology study also available in arts, laws and legal practice, animal behaviour, and computer science degrees
Hear from staff and students
Dr Tom Nehmy, a clinical psychologist who trained at Flinders, is the man behind a resilience program which prevents mental health issues in high school students by teaching psychological skills before symptoms occur. The Healthy Minds School Program, which is being rolled out in schools in South Australia and New South Wales, has been so successful that Dr Nehmy said he is being contacted by high school principals who have heard about its results from their colleagues.
*Source: Quality Indicators in Learning and Teaching accessed 1/9/16.